Last Updated: November 25, 2015
Lionheart’s mission is to provide tools to help simplify and manage medical care. Whether you are caring for yourself or a loved one a CareNetwork is needed. Lionheart puts everyone on the same page and empowers them to be the most informed and effective advocate.
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement applies to our Lionheart health platforms and any other related features, contents, applications, or websites we may offer from time to time (collectively, the “Lionheart Services”). This Privacy Statement explains Lionheart’s information practices, including:
- What information we may collect through the Lionheart Services and how we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- How we may share collected information.
- What choices you have as to how we collect and use information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General, Lionheart’s mission is to help you manage and collaborate your and your loved one’s health information, and we cannot help you do that without collecting certain information, including personal information about you. When we say “Personal Information,” we mean information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate a specific person, such as: name, address, email address, phone number, medical records or certain other health data, insurance information, and financial information. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect information when you:
- Create a Lionheart account. In order to use the Lionheart Services, you must create an account. To create a Lionheart account, you must provide Personal Information such as name, email address, pin code and a password. This information will help Lionheart and others that you collaborate with to identify you.
- Build your Member profile. As a Lionheart member, you can add information to your account. You may choose to provide Personal Information such as address, phone number, date of birth, a profile photo, gender, blood type, health conditions, medications, allergies, and body measurements. You may opt to upload important documents to your Health profile, such as medical, lab, insurance, legal, and other documents. You may also choose to include Personal Information about others in your profile by providing us with names and contact information for emergency contacts and health care providers.
- Build a CareNetwork. You can manage your and your loved ones records in the same Lionheart account. When you add a care member, you may choose to provide Personal Information about them as you build their care profile. When you provide Personal Information about other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so. You can also allow this care member to log in to your Lionheart account using their own email and password. If you allow this family member to log in, you control what information they can see as described in “Your Choices” below.
- Add a Caregiver. Caregivers, such as family, friends, or health advocates, can help you manage your healthcare. When you add a Caregiver, we ask that you provide their name, relationship to you, and an email address. Caregiver will need their own Lionheart account, you may choose to let them see some or all of your information as described in “Your Choices” below.
Link your Lionheart account to services or devices. If you choose to link your Lionheart account to certain other services or devices, such as calendars, wearables, scales, fitness trackers, or other health monitoring devices, we may collect information related to your use of such services or devices. When these services or devices are administered by a third party, the information practices and policies for those services or devices are the responsibility of that third party.
- A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of a computer or device when you access a website. When you visit our website, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. You may refuse the service of cookies to your device or delete any existing cookies by changing your browser preferences. As the means by which you can do this vary from browser to browser, please refer to your browser’s help menu for more information. If you refuse or delete cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all features and functionality of the Lionheart Services.
Information collected automatically. We may automatically collect information from your browser or device when you use the Lionheart services. This information may include an IP address, device identifier, your browser type, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies your browser received from us, and other non-personally identifiable information that can help us optimize the Lionheart services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information, including Personal Information, to deliver and improve the Lionheart Services.
We may use information, including Personal Information, to:
- Communicate with you. We may send email to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, or to provide information we think may be of interest to you. We may also communicate with you through the Lionheart Services or other means enabled by the Lionheart Services, such as through text messages, push notifications, or in-app messaging. You may adjust your communications preferences in your Lionheart account settings at any time or by unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the link provided at the bottom of those emails.
- Communicate with others at your request. If you choose to use Lionheart to share information with others, we may require Personal Information such as names, email addresses, fax numbers, or other contact information.
- Customize your Lionheart experience. We use information we collect through the Lionheart Services to customize your Lionheart experience.
- Provide and improve the Lionheart Services. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties as necessary to allow us to facilitate or improve the Lionheart Services.
We may aggregate or de-identify data collected through the Lionheart Services and use it for any purpose.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information. We do not share your Personal Information with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may share aggregate or de-identified data with third parties for any purpose.
We may share information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- With your permission. We may share your Personal Information or other information about you with third parties when we have your permission or at your direction, including when you direct us to send information to a healthcare provider.
- When you add a care member or Caregiver. We may share information about you according to your “Settings” in your Lionheart account. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or actions of any third party with whom you choose to share information.
- With our vendors and service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained to help us provide or improve the Lionheart Services.
As required by law and similar disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; defend against legal claims; respond to your requests; protect the rights, property, and safety of you, Lionheart, or others; or as otherwise required by law.
- In connection with a merger, sale, or other asset transfer. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, or other substantial corporate transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, any information we possess, including Personal Information, may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. In such cases, we cannot control how other entities may use or disclose such information.
Lionheart offers you a number of ways to control collection and use of your information when you use the Lionheart Services. Your options include:
- Control who sees your information. Each time you add a family member or caregiver, you get to decide what types of information the person can access. You can change these setting at any time. We share information with third parties only at your request and with your specific authorization.
- Modifying your account information. You can review the information you or others have shared by logging into your Lionheart account. You can modify or delete any information that you have provided us at any time. You may also choose to modify and delete information that others have shared with you.
- Modifying your account settings. Lionheart account settings are designed to provide you with control over the information that you share. We encourage you to review your account settings and adjust them in accordance with your preferences. If you are logged into your account, visit the “Settings” and “Caregivers” to modify account settings.
Closing your account. If you no longer desire to use the Lionheart Services, you may close your account by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our website or access any of your information. However, you can open a new account at any time. If you close your Lionheart account, we have no obligation to retain your information and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. We may retain and use your information as described in “Data Retention” below. Please note: if you have provided or shared information to third parties, retention of that information will be subject to those third parties’ policies and practices.
We take steps to ensure that information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, neither the Internet nor any form of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided to us. We do not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure.
By using the CareSync Services or providing an email address to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the CareSync Services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with CareSync Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud or abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law. Anonymous or aggregated information that does not identify you personally may be retained indefinitely.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Lionheart Services are designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate any account created by such children.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, you may choose to manage your child’s health information through your Lionheart account.
If you are visiting or using the Lionheart Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to processing globally. By providing your information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this page so that you are aware of our practices and update the “Last Updated” date above. If we make a material change in how we collect, use, or disclose Personal Information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice through the Lionheart Services and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.